Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuscon- a Haiku poem

I had avoided talking about the Tuscon shooting which occurred the previous Saturday, January 8th because I wanted to keep A&G an economic blog.  I also wanted some time to reflect on it...  But I decided I wished to express sentiment.  So rather than write a grand pronouncement, political diatribe, or soapbox soliloquy like most have seemed to in the media and blogosphere, instead this is my humble contribution...

It expresses all I wish to say...

Tuscon


Where once there was life
There are tears and blood and fear;
People pray and mourn.

Grief and reflection;
We try to block out the news-
They play up 'blame game'.

And six are now gone;
Pundits work into frenzy
Still, six are now gone.

In time they move on,
To cover New tragedy;
Lives do not return.

And people move on.
Because we're told on TV
That it is now time.

But we with conscience,
We remember. We reflect.
And not in soundbyte.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.