We exist to provide readers knowledge and points of view not represented elsewhere. Here we'll discuss and analyze politics, social issues and finance... We cut through PC corporate media BS to provide Truth about the Nation, the World and where its headed...
Keyword below to browse our 2130+ postings as of mid-Mar 2017; ~*~ Founded: Sept 6, 2010.. ** We're 100% Ad free-- We sell Nothing..We seek no $$.. Agenda: Educate and Inform.
During the 1920's one special kind of loan was very popular among the Wall St. traders. It was called the Margin Loan. Here, you could pay 10% of the original price of a stock and "buy" it, wherein the rest (90%) will be lent to you through the broker. In other words, you could own $500 of stocks with only $50 down. But one condition: the loan could be called back anytime, and you HAD to pay it back in 24 hours. This was called a Margin Call. So in late October, 1929, J.D. Rockefeller exited his wealth from the Market quietly and within 24 hours, traders began calling off the margin loans in a massive wave. The result: Wall St. bled, and the worst Depression in US History till this point, started.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
~ Minnesota Senator Charles Lindberg (1930s), not to be confused with the famous aviator Charles Lindbergh