Sunday, March 25, 2012
This isn't a gun-control debate and we're not going to play amateur detective and analyze the facts of that incident. And we're certainly not going to even dignify the race-whipping frenzy being stirred up by black ministers and politicians except one example that really stood out as pathetic...
Philadelphia's Mayor Michael Nutter who is black, called the killing "an assassination". Quite a politically charged word. And yet in 2011, Philly had the Highest Per-Capita Murder Rate In U.S.. Perhaps every killing there was 'assassination' too, yet Mr Mayor didn't call out the dozens of others which Frequently take place in the City of Brotherly Love.
This posting is meant to call out the hypocrisy of media and others using that young man's killing for their own nefarious purposes.
The killing of one individual, tragic as it may be, is not an isolated case of homicide in an otherwise supposed safe & peaceful USA. And the enormity of coverage is not deserving.
* "A 25-year-old Morrisville (PA) man was shot outside his apartment late Saturday night and died hours later, Bucks County District Attorney David Heckler said Sunday... shot with a handgun at close range by a man in a gray hoodie at the Pennsbury Court Apartments, Heckler said." (Philly.com 3/25/12)
* "The shooting death of a 21-year-old Mississippi State University student in a campus dorm room is thought to be an "isolated incident," and there is no indication others are endangered, the school's president said Sunday. Campus police were notified about 10 p.m. Saturday of an incident" (CNN 3/25/12)
* "A mother and her 12-year-old daughter were found shot to death Friday in their home on Water Oaks Cove, MS and the father was in Ocean Springs Hospital in critical condition." (Sun-Herald.com 3/23/12)
* "Police are searching for two men who were involved in the fatal shooting of a driver stopped at a red light in south Houston on Saturday." (Houston Chronicle 3/24/12)
* "22-year-old man was fatally shot at a Far South Side liquor store Saturday evening, police said, and a 46-year-old man was killed about 45 minutes later. At least six others were shot on the South and West sides overnight." (Chicago Tribune 3/24/12)
* "Investigators say a woman was shot to death early Sunday as she sat outside her own home in South Ozone Park, Queens and police are still searching for the shooter." (NY1.com 3/18/12)
* "A man was killed Sunday after he came to the defense of his father, who was being pistol-whipped by two armed robbers in a strip mall parking lot in Lynwood, CA. (KTLA.com 3/20/12)
And on and on and on...
Where's the "hoodie" march in support of the driver murdered in his/her car while at a stop light??
Where's Obama's indignation at the death of a woman merely sitting outside her porch and not bothering a soul??
Why is Rev. Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson, that disgusting Triad of Race Opportunists not screaming for justice over the man who died brutally in defense of his father? Because he was of Arab descent instead of Black?!!
If life has value and is precious, then ALL life has value and is precious. Doesn't matter the race of the victim.. Or nationality.. Or religion.. or whether its a celebrity or everyday person...
And if one person's cold blooded murder is tragic and provokes tears, and rage enough to provoke the lynch mob mindset in a community, then ALL senseless killings should elicit those emotions in others.
Posted by Susquehanna at Sunday, March 25, 2012