Today for most of America is baseball's Opening Day..
Yes, Yes we know a game was played last night and in fact two official games were played over a week ago in Australia but you're so ruining the buzz..
Opening Day baseball is an exciting moment where practically every fan outside of Houston believes they have a realistic shot of making the playoffs and possibly even greater glory if all the pieces just fall into place..
So we thought in the spirit of the grand ol' past-time, we'd have a MLB themed economic quiz..
1) What is the projected payroll of the Los Angeles Dodgers for the 2014 season?
B - $158.5 million
C - $236 million
D - $310 million
Answer: C It will be the highest in the league, even surpassing the Yankees
2) What is the projected payroll of the Pittsburgh Pirates for the 2014 season?
B - $74.4 million
C - $104.5 million
D - $109.1 million
3) What is the projected payroll of the Miami Marlins for 2014?
B - $57.8 million
C - $184 million
D - $192.7 million
4) On March 28th, very talented Los Angeles Angels outfielder Mike Trout signed a contract extension to stay with the ball club.. What were the terms of that deal?
B - 3 years, $41 million ($13.6 mil ave)
C - 7 years, $92 million ($13.4 mil ave)
D - 6 years, $144.5 million ($24.08 mil ave)
7) According to USA Today, how much on average does it cost a family of 4 to attend a Red Sox game including non-premium tickets, parking, etc..?
B - $250
C - $337
D - $352
8) Ten years ago, Citizens Bank Park was opened where the Philadelphia Phillies play.. How much did that ballpark cost to build?
B - $468 million
C - $502 million
D - $798 million
9) What is the absolute minimum a professional baseball team in 2014 is allowed to pay a veteran player annually?
B - $175k
C - $460k
D - $500k
10) Final Q: Last year the Houston Astros had a MLB low payroll of just under $25 million.. How many players during the 2013 season made more than the entire Astros team combined?
B - 20 players
C - 31 players
D - 38 players
Was that not fun or what? Whew..
Time to relax now and enjoy first pitch.. Have a good Mon..