Thursday, July 2, 2015
Good thing the utter Morons who run the network don't realize the 'Beverly Hillbillies' and 'Andy Griffith Show' had episodes where the beautiful flag was displayed or they'd probably pull those shows off the airwaves as well..
One thing we found interesting right off the top is none of the actors who play the Duke family i.e. Bo, Luke, Daisy & Uncle Jesse were born in the Confederate south!
Denver Pyle who played 'Uncle Jesse' was born in Colorado, Catherine Bach who played 'Daisy' was born in Ohio, Tom Wopat who played Luke Duke was born in Wisconsin and John Schneider, the blonde who played 'Bo Duke' was born in New York state!
The three true-born Southerners were Ben Jones who played cousin 'Cooter' who was born in North Carolina, Sonny Shroyer who played 'Enos' who was born in Georgia and the recently deceased James Best (April 6, 2015) who played 'Rosco P Coltrane' and was born in Kentucky
Also the show is supposed to take place in Georgia but was filmed in Hollywood..
So here's some trivia tidbits on each of the eight main stars of the TV version of 'Dukes of Hazzard' and hope you enjoy~
* Has 134 acting credits to his name from 1977 to the present..
* He is Co-founder along with Marie Osmond, of the Children's Miracle Network charity organization in 1983. The organization helps children by raising funds for children's hospitals around the United States.
* Birthday is April 8, 1960 (Aries)
* Has only 42 Film/TV acting credits but is still presently working, having completed three projects this year
* After the cancellation of 'Dukes', Wopat moved on and reverted back to his first true love - music - successfully refocusing as a recording artist and musical leading man of Broadway and regional shows.
* Was nominated for Broadway's 1999 Tony Award as best actor (musical) for a revival of 'Annie Get Your Gun.'
* Birthday is September 9, 1951 (Virgo)
* She has 32 acting credits and currently can be seen on 'Young & the Restless'
* Original name is Catherine Bachman
* Having made clothing to pay for her college education, Back handmade many of the costumes she wore as Daisy Duke in The Dukes of Hazzard (1979), particularly those seen in early episodes
This included some tops; the red bikini seen during the first episode, "One-Armed Bandits", that was immortalized in the opening credits; and her famous "Daisy Duke" cut-off jeans.
* Birthday is March 1, 1954 (Pisces)
* May 11, 1920 (Taurus) - December 25, 1997 (77 yrs old)
* Had 260 Film & TV credits to his name at the time of his passing
* Two weeks before his death, Pyle was honored with a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
* Pyle enlisted in the Navy during WWII. He was wounded in the battle of Guadalcanal and received a medical discharge in 1943.
* While working with John Wayne on The Alamo (1960), Wayne became impressed with Pyle's photography and made special arrangements with his public relations office to designate Pyle as the official set photographer for the picture.
* January 4, 1930 (Capricorn) - February 11, 1994 (64 years old)
* Had 125 Film & TV credits before his passing
* Booke studied at Yale and Columbia University, and mastered five languages. This served him well when he served in Korea working with counter-intelligence
* Booke was only slightly overweight so to play Boss Hogg, he had to wear a fat suit
* He had it written in his Dukes of Hazzard contract that there were two things that his character could not do: Deal with drugs and commit murder. In an interview, shortly before his death, Sorrell said he had it written in because he did not want to feel responsible for leading boys into a life of crime.
* July 26, 1926 - April 6, 2015 (88 years old)
* Had 185 TV and Film acting credits at time of his passing..
* Birth name is Jewel Franklin Guy. He was orphaned at the age of three and ultimately adopted by the Best family
* Best joined the Army during World War II in July 1944. The majority of his service was as an MP in Wiesbaden, Germany just after the end of the war
* The Everly Brothers were his cousins
* Father in law of Michael Damian who was famous for playing 'Danny' on Young & the Restless
* During his life, Best also taught acting at the University of Mississippi and University of Central Florida.
* Has 24 acting credits..
* Democratic member of Congress, 4th district of Georgia, 3 January 1989 - 3 January 1993. Lost in 1986, won in 1988 and 1990, lost in 1992 after Georgia's districts were redrawn
* Supports the Confederate flag as a symbol of heritage, not hate
* Owns "Cooter's" a tourist attraction and museum in Gatlinburg and Nashville, Tennessee
* Born August 30, 1941 (Leo)
* Has 60 acting credits..
* Birth name is Otis Burt Shroyer Jr
* Played football at Florida State University (he later ended up playing football in the movie The Longest Yard (1974) with another FSU football player, Burt Reynolds). However, his football career was cut short by an injury, and Shroyer finished his education at the University of Georgia, where he earned his degree in business.
* The popularity of his character 'Enos' led to a spinoff in 1980 which lasted 17 episodes. Shroyer was smart enough to have put in his contract that if the show got cancelled, he could return full time to 'Dukes' (Unlike McLean Stevenson who left MASH and saw his character killed off so he could never return)
* Born August 28, 1935
Posted by Susquehanna at Thursday, July 02, 2015