Monday, March 14, 2016
Take the concept of 'tolerance'..
Around 80 years or so ago, most of the world was completely enamored with military dictatorship, fascism and Nazism (the two are not the same.. Fascism is merger of business under State control and Nazism is fascism with religious/ethnic bigotry elements)
People just needed to be controlled and willingly gave up all freedoms for the near-guarantee of a job, some national pride and the feeling they were superior to the genetic backgrounds of others.
So let's now fast forward to the present..
Pretty much all Western societies are democratically elected with Constitutitions, branches of government, checks and balances and tolerance is not only celebrated but actively pushed upon the populace from grade school indoctrination onto adulthood
Which of course is preferred vs how it used to be..
Problem is they have zero-tolerance for political or ideological diversity in the public discussion i.e. conservative thought or embracing any concept from the past which conflicts with their hard-push of co-existence.
These elitists will continually shit on Fox News and other conservative media outlets as biased and completely non-credible then sop up and spew all the Democrat talking points on MSNBC, Huffington Post, NPR, etc as if the information presented did not have a distinct left slant.
And generally speaking, God help you in today's society if you do not believe the bullshit that we are all equal
Not two groups, not two individuals, not two blades of grass, and those stereotypes some people wince at -- as harsh as they may be at times, all have basis in reality.
This is why no one jokes about blacks being great at math or the best way to stop 5 Jewish guys from raping a woman is to hand them a basketball or Asian men having extremely big penises (Funny how blacks hate all stereotypes railed against them except where they're compared to breeding bulls)
The word is not the end-all, be-all of offensive.. Sorry, but its not. There's 100 other equally 'wrong' words to say which aren't suddenly treated as the 'F' word and bleeped on TV.
But its not about the word or 'pain'.. Its about power and control and that is why we rebel, not because we have axes to grind or wish to go out of our way to offend.
You simply can Not have a free society when 15% of a population is allowed control language no matter the word and its usage while the other 85% is put into a subservient state, scared shitless to even whisper it.
You will be suspended at a minimum and more than likely fired then ostracized. Unless you have a nest egg saved away, you will find immediate struggle to pay bills and make ends meet..
If married, this will put a strain on the wife who ultimately will leave with the kids, file for divorce, take the house along with alimony and child support and you're left with your car, a thermos and your dog 'Sparky'
And the tolerance police will look at your downfall and mutter 'Good!'
Quite a dramatic change in 80years..
People today are much weaker and emotionally frail than their parents and grandparents.
'But mere Words will never hurt me'
We've become a society of adult children; of emotionally fragile babies. Used to be if someone called another a name, it was dealt with verbally or physically and even if a fight was lost, self-respect was gained..
Now its tattle-telling on co-workers or bosses and looking for any excuse to sue
As a result of the last 25 years of political correctness, and the societal push for tolerance and acceptance, admittedly I've gone the other way..
I hate groups.. All groups.. Individuals I like and whatever their background and belief system, I am completely fine with.. But will never defend or be complimentary toward any group or collective
I choose my social circle that makes the tolerance I have for those who may be different completely natural and more important, Sincere
People will fake civility and kindness and they won't tolerate..
Besides, until these leftists start tolerating the views of a Donald Trump, a Sarah Palin, a Bill O'Reilly or A&G in the public discourse, I and many others will not ever take those with bumper-sticker philosophies on how to get along serious.
Posted by Susquehanna at Monday, March 14, 2016